- AM I CHARACTERIZED AS BEING AN ANGRY PERSON?
Proverbs 22:24-25 “Do not be friends with an angry man, or you will learn his ways.”
- AM I CHARACTERIZED AS ONE WHO LACKS SELF CONTROL?
Proverbs 23:20-21 “Do not associate with winebibers, gluttonous eaters….this will lead to poverty.”
- AM I CHARACTERIZED AS ONE WHO IS REBELLIOUS AGAINST AUTHORITY?
Proverbs 24:21-22 “Do not associate with those who are given to change (of allegiance, against authority, change for the sake of change.)”
- AM I CHARACTERIZED AS ONE WHO IS PROUD, LIKES TO DEBATE, ARGUE, SLANDER, AND BE HEARD?
I Tim. 6:4-5 “Withdraw from the proud arguer. (he is puffed up with pride, although he is ignorant. He has a morbid fondness for controversy and disputes and strife about words, which result in envy and jealousy, quarrels and dissensions, slander, etc.)
- AM I CHARACTERIZED AS ONE WHO IS USES FOUL LANGUAGE, WHO IS IMMORAL IN THOUGHT OR DEED, WHO IS GREEDY, OR DISHONEST?
I Cor. 5:11 “Do not associate with, or even eat with anyone who claims to be a Christian, but is known to be guilty of immorality or greed, or is devoted to anything that usurps the place of God, or has a foul tongue, is a drunkard, swindler or a robber.”
- AM I CHARACTERIZED AS ONE WHO IS DISOBEDIENT?
2 Thess 3:14 “Do not associate with disobedient.”
- AM I CHARACTERIZED AS ONE WHO IS PRIDEFUL AND WHO SLANDERS ANOTHER?
Ps. 101:5 “Cut off him who slanders his neighbor, and who has a haughty look and a proud arrogant heart.”
- AM I CHARACTERIZED AS ONE WHO IS A LIAR, OR WHO IS DECEITFUL?
Ps. 101:7 “Do no allow those who are deceitful and those who lie to dwell in your house.”
- AM I CHARACTERIZED AS ONE WHO IS NOT REPENTANT, AND IS CAUGHT UP IN HABITUAL SIN?
Pr. 1:10-15 “Do not walk with sinners.”
- AM I CHARACTERIZED AS ONE WHO SPEAKS TOO FREELY, AND DOESN’T THINK BEFORE HE SPEAKS?
Proverbs 20:19 “Do not associate with one who talks too freely, flatters, or reveals secrets.”
- AM I CHARACTERIZED AS ONE WHO DOES NOT USE THE WORD OF GOD AS THE ULTIMATE AUTHORITY IN GIVING COUNSEL?
Ps. 1:1 “Don’t walk in counsel of ungodly, stand in way of sinners, sit in the seat of scornful.”
- AM I CHARACTERIZED AS ONE WHO LIVES OR SPEAKS FOOLISHLY?
Pr. 9:6 “Forsake foolish and live.”
- AM I CHARACTERIZED AS ONE WHO IS DIVISIVE, AND CONTENTIOUS?
Rom. 16:17 “Be on your guard with those who create dissensions and difficulties and cause divisions, or are in opposition to the truth that has been taught. Turn aside from them.“
- AM I CHARACTERIZED AS ONE WHO IS WILLING TO SHARPEN ANOTHER, WITH THE TRUTHS OF THE WORD, AND AM I WILLING TO BE SHARPENED?
Pr. 27:17 “Iron sharpens iron,and one man sharpens another.”
- AM I CHARACTERIZED AS ONE WHO IS WILLING TO GIVE GENTLE LOVING REPROOF…BUT IS ALSO WILLING TO RECEIVE IT?
Pr. 27:6 “Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy.”
- AM I CHARACTERIZED AS ONE WHO IS GROWING IN WISDOM, AND ENCOURAGES OTHERS TO DO THE SAME?
Pr. 13:20 “Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.”
- AM I CHARACTERIZED AS ONE WHO CAN BE TRUSTED?
Pr. 11:13 “Whoever goes about slandering reveals secrets, but he who is trustworthy in spirit keeps a thing covered.”
- AM I CHARACTERIZED AS ONE WHO IS LOYAL, AND LOVES EVEN WHEN TIMES ARE HARD OR A PERSON IS DIFFICULT?
Pr. 17:17 “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.”
- AM I CHARACTERIZED AS ONE WHO FEARS GOD AND SEEKS TO OBEY HIM?
Ps. 119:63 “I am a companion of all who fear you, of those who keep your precepts.”
Lord, please reminded us to strive to be the kind of friend that YOU want us to be. Please help us to show each other grace as we grow in our understanding of what that means.